Sketching 3D Environments in Blender
More info and samples here
3D can be very technical and feel sterile. Let’s make the process more intuitive, creative and fun! Learn how to sketch architecture and environments directly in realtime in 3D with Blender.
What topics are covered?
- Research and organise your references using the latest tools.
- Learn to sketch actual geometry directly in 3D
- Different examples of man-made and natural objects
- Integrate your sketches with kitbash objects for maximum effect
- Overview of the final model and paintover
Who is it for?
Designers/Artists/Creatives who are interested in new ways to create.
What will I get?
- 2 hour video tutorial with narration
- 3D scene in BLEND format (purchased character and other models as well as textures can’t be included due to licensing restrictions)
- PSD file - references, moodboard and exercise sheets
What do I need to have before I start?
- Blender 2.9
- knowledge of Blender
- experience with digital image making workflows
- Adobe Photoshop or equivalent
Who made this?
My name is Jan Urschel and I'm a professional concept designer and creative director working in the film and video game industry working on projects such as Captain Marvel, Ghost in the Shell, Rogue One and many more.