More info and samples here
Spaceship interiors are a staple of scifi movies. I'll be sharing my approach to lighting and what role it plays in the design process right from the start. In easy to follow steps I'll be bringing you from a simple 3D blockout to a final cinematic frame. We're also looking at the brand new free tier Octane 2019 for Blender 2.8!
What topics are covered?
- Design process
- Cinematic Lighting for interiors
- Rendering and Materials with Octane 2019 for Blender 2.8 and Octane Standalone
- Photoshop paintover
Who is it for?
Concept designers and other creatives who want to learn about environment creation and a 3D heavy workflow.
What will I get?
- 2+ hour video tutorial with narration
- 3D source files (FBX, ORBX and BLEND) except 3rd party kitbash parts
- PSD file
What do I need to have before I start:
- OctaneRender (2019 for Blender or Standalone)
- 3D application (e.g. Modo, Blender, C4D etc)
- 2D application (e.g. Photoshop, Procreate etc)
- Basic knowledge in a 3D application
Who made this?
My name is Jan Urschel and I'm a professional concept designer and creative director working in the film and video game industry working on projects such as Captain Marvel, Ghost in the Shell, Rogue One and many more.